Copy Cat Crafts

if you guys know me you know that my famous phrase in any store is "i could make that for way cheaper". this is not to discredit the amazing designers we have in america or to undermine the hard workers who made the item...i'm just cheap and love a good craft challenge. (i will say that when i meet a local artist at a craft show or etsy, i am more than willing to pay a fair price for their creativity and hardwork because i appreciate it)

so this week i decided to have a "copy cat" week of stuff i saw in stores and then made my self for much cheaper. i love shopping for new ideas when i am out and about so i hope this inspires you to do the same.

copy cat craft # 1: anthropologie zinc letter $18

so cute right? me and my southern ways love everything monogrammed or initials. but i wasn't about to pay $18 for one letter. i headed to my local fabric store and found these paper mache letters on sale for like $1.50:

and then i found this paint for another $1.50
and in about 10 minutes and for $3 i had this!


booyah! savings of $15

now it's your turn....ready, set, craft!


Comments

Popular Posts