curtains

so i decided to forgo the stripe and polka dot sheets to redo my room theme this year which meant i needed new curtains...and i had no idea they were so expensive! so i paid $20 for a cheap pair at target, but even their longest size wasn't long enough. it bothered me that they were so short, so i headed over to my local fabric store and perused their remnant bin and got two 1/2 yard black cotton pieces and some white grosgrain ribbon for mad cheap with my handy-dandy coupons. i borrowed my friend's sewing machine b/c i have yet to purchase one (it's next on the list!) and after a few hours i came out with these bad boys:


looks so much better, right? nate berkus says you're supposed to hang your curtains from the ceiling, but since my window is pretty high anyways i just did it at the top of the window...don't sue me!  i'm really happy with how the turned out- not too long b/c i hate when curtains are too long and get all dusty. i might put in some hooks later to tie them back with, but for now they are doing great. and all for about $30!

happy crafting!



Comments

Popular Posts