the end is near

well S.A.Y. Yes! is officially done for the year. we ended with a family cookout at the center. it hasn't hit me that i won't see my kids anymore, but i trust God will continue to work in their hearts. i'm thankful for the staff who have committed to being there until God calls them elsewhere. what a learning experience it was! i have not fully comprehended it yet and will need a lot more personal reflection before that happens. i am trying to see how I can learn from this experience and see why God had me here instead of being bitter (my natural tendency). a lot of things didn't go my way or live up to my expectations, but how will that make me more like Christ? a question i have only begun to unravel...

so now i fade out of kids and into college students for our summer project during june and july. i have no idea what it is going to be like (i can only compare it to my summer project in buenos aires). i am hoping to forge strong friendships with girls and use my gifts to disciple some. i have been longing for some younger girls to disciple all year! this will be completely different for me b/c it will be all hands on ministry (which i LOVE) and we will actually be living closer to downtown. i'll be able to take the L everywhere and enjoy city life more freely. i'm super pumped, especially since the LA intern, heather, will be with me, too!

and since it's mother's day i want to give a shout out to mindy myers, the coolest mom in town. i am sad i can't be home to celebrate this year (and i missed last year, too!). i hope God gives me a job in NC so i can be closer to my family. i'm thankful for everything she taught me by her actions- like how to tithe, do laundry, balance a check book, and be a good hostess.

Comments

Popular Posts